Teach an after-school class or during a camp. The minimum time commitment is 2 hours per week for an after-school class, and 1 hour for a full week for a camp.
· no programming experience needed to instruct elementary grades
· scientific background recommended to instruct middle school grades
· background check and TB test required prior to start instructing
Here are the steps for becoming an instructor:
1. Choose a location and a curriculum you would like to teach
2. Attend the training.
3. Get your fingerprinting and TB Test done.
4. Start having fun teaching.
5. Attend review meetings with your support group.
Help Us Expand
If you don't think teaching is for you, or if the time commitment is not convenient but you still want to make Code for fun successful, we have the following needs:
· event planners (fundraising, training events)
· box builders (given a curriculum, assemble all the material that will be necessary for the instructors for all sessions)
· talk to your school district about Code for fun.
· instruct during a free coding session in a library (Hour of Code, mini breaks)
· organize a camp
· IT specialist (maintain computers/build wifi network for camps)
· anything you can offer
All the curriculum is scripted in detail so our instructors can follow them closely. If you have a good sense of pedagogy and a strong technical background, we are in the process of building a set of new curricula that will be used for new after school programs and camps: