We are looking for a highly motivated, energetic individual with experience in computer science education to help
- Develop curriculum adapted to different grade levels
- Teach those curriculum in a class setting
- Train teachers on curriculum developed
- Former computer science engineer or a former teacher in Math, Physics, Computer Science
- Enjoys collaborating with community partners, and wants to provide direct services for a diverse client population.
- Comfortable taking a leadership role on projects and ensure their timely completion.
- Teaching credentials is a plus
- Good understanding of the common core, and Computer Science standard
We are looking for after-school instructors who will share in our philosophy to expose students to the necessary skillsets and knowledge to become well educated digital citizens. The selected applicant will attend our training and prepare each session with our volunteers.
- Passionate for teaching science education to children of all ages
- Experienced teaching at the elementary and middle school levels
- Awesome class management skills
- Familiar with programming concepts, computer science or other technical field of expertise
- Fluent in English and must display excellent interpersonal skills when interacting and communicating with students and parents
- Must have your own transportation to the school site and must provide proof of car insurance, and have a valid California state license
- Knows how to make a class fun!
- Must pass our background check