We are looking for a highly motivated, energetic individual with experience in computer science education to help
- Develop curriculum adapted to different grade levels
- Teach those curriculum in a class setting
- Train teachers on curriculum developed
- Former computer science engineer or a former teacher in Math, Physics, Computer Science
- Enjoys collaborating with community partners, and wants to provide direct services for a diverse client population.
- Comfortable taking a leadership role on projects and ensure their timely completion.
- Teaching credentials is a plus
- Good understanding of the common core, and Computer Science standard
We are looking for after-school instructors who will share in our philosophy to expose students to the necessary skillsets and knowledge to become well educated digital citizens. The selected applicant will attend our training and prepare each session with our volunteers.
- Passionate for teaching science education to children of all ages
- Experienced teaching at the elementary and middle school levels
- Awesome class management skills
- Familiar with programming concepts, computer science or other technical field of expertise
- Fluent in English and must display excellent interpersonal skills when interacting and communicating with students and parents
- Must have your own transportation to the school site and must provide proof of car insurance, and have a valid California state license
- Knows how to make a class fun!
- Must pass our background check
We are looking for a highly motivated, energetic, self-starter who cares about education, enjoys collaborating with community partners, and wants to provide direct services for a diverse client population. S/he will be comfortable taking a leadership role on projects and ensure their timely completion. The right candidate is someone who can juggle multiple responsibilities, work efficiently in using systems to organize large amounts of data, and have passion and compassion for working with people from all walks of life.
Instructor – after school programs:
Be the lead instructor for up to 5 after school programs a week and be available to teach some Saturdays.
Master our curriculum and adapt it to the program.
Experienced in classroom management.
Be the main point of contact for parents and students when communicating updates regarding the progress of the program and progress of students.
Manage a team of teaching assistants and volunteers to instruct class lesson and mentor them to help grow towards their personal goals.
Oversees program materials, such as class kits and flyer distribution.
Develops marketing materials to publicize program activities.
Performs initial interviews of region’s new candidates and volunteers, assessing strengths, skills, needs, values and interests.
Engage families through communication, and attending school meetings and conferences as needed.
Serve as a liaison between Code for Fun, students, families, and partner agencies staff and administrators.
Maintain program database for region.
Community outreach and trainings:
Keeps a calendar of events for local schools and community organizations within their assigned region.
Disseminates materials to local schools and community organizations as needed.
Develops materials to publicize program activities.
Conducts outreach to community groups.
Create, supervise, and lead activity for high school program to enlist volunteers for Seasonal Break and Summer Camps.
Screen, schedule and supervise regional volunteer helpers.
Leads trainings for new hires and volunteers.
Perform other related duties as assigned/appropriate.