Code for fun exposes students from Kindergarten to High-School to coding in an interactive way.
We offer after school programs, camps, in school instruction and teachers training, throughout the San Francisco Bay Area.
As a leader in computer science education for young learners, our programs are designed for all students, bridging gender and racial gaps, and encouraging them to consider academic and career paths in the engineering field.
In 2020, colleges are expected to graduate only 13% of the computer science engineers that will be needed on the job market.
Exposing students earlier to programming increases their chance by 30% to continue in this field later on in their studies, and to get one of the most amazing jobs that will be available.
If your child is inquisitive about technology, Code for fun gives an opportunity to feed her interest while having fun and discover that computer science is an awesome opportunity to create and influence others.
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
Help Us Expand
If you don't think teaching is for you, or if the time commitment is not convenient but you still want to make Code for fun successful, we have the following needs:
· event planners (fundraising, training events)
· box builders (given a curriculum, assemble all the material that will be necessary for the instructors for all sessions)
· talk to your school district about Code for fun.
· instruct during a free coding session in a library (Hour of Code, mini breaks)
· organize a camp
· IT specialist (maintain computers/build wifi network for camps)
· anything you can offer!
We cannot wait to hear from you! Please fill out an application.